For Sale by Private Treaty – UNDER OFFER
55 metres of Mooring together with about 140 metres of River Bank
In all about 0.3 of an acre (0.12 of a hectare) of Freehold land.
A rare opportunity to purchase some River Bank on the River Wey Navigation, plus the Right to moor boats of a maximum beam of 3.2 metres along 55 metres of the Bank. The freehold land comprises a concrete road and about 140 metres of the Bank of the River. There is room on the bank for the parking of vehicles adjacent to the moorings, and the rest of the bank is interspersed with trees. The concrete road provides access to the moorings and to Ashburton House. It is also the route of a public footpath.
The River Wey was one of the first rivers in England to be made navigable, the work being completed in 1653. It links the River Thames to Godalming, a distance of about 20 miles, and runs throughGuildfordand Pyrford. The Wey Navigation was privately owned until being gifted to the National Trust in 1964.
There are currently 4 moorings, 3 of which are let and 1 is recently vacant. The income from the moorings has been circa £3,560 per annum, with one mooring at a concessionary rate. Further details of the occupation of the moorings are available from the Agents.