Rural & Agriculture

For Sale by Private Treaty

Hay bales for sale

For Sale – By Private Treaty

Approximately 200 x 4 string square bales hay 2014 and 2015 crop meadow hay situated in Wiltshire.

Contact Kevin Burree on 0118 950 8611 or email for further information.

Hill Farm, Boames Lane, Enborne, Newbury **UNDER OFFER**




Rarely available in West Berkshire and within an hour’s  commute to London , a small farm comprising an attractive period farmhouse, a range of traditional and modern farm buildings and approximately 33.62 acres IN TOTAL.

Hill Farm is situated in a small lane in an attractive rural location just west of Newbury. Although surrounded by countryside it is an easy short drive to the town centre, mainline station and a range of good local and independent schools.
Newbury town offers a good selection of shops and department stores, including the Parkway retail development and John Lewis, with a supermarket and retail park to the south of the town. 8225574-exterior27-800-web
There are plenty of restaurants, cafés, public houses and leisure facilities, including Newbury Racecourse, the attractive Kennet & Avon canal, Vue cinema, Corn Exchange and Watermill theatres. There are arts and sports centres, health and golf clubs, a bowls club, museums and an outdoor market on Thursdays and Saturdays.
There are well regarded schools for all age groups and Newbury College, with its campus to the south of the town.
There is excellent access to the major road routes of A34 and M4 and the mainline rail station to London (Paddington).

Hill Farm is an interesting and individual period farmhouse which has been well maintained over the years but is now in need of some updating. The property is not Listed and both the house and the buildings provide a wonderful opportunity for a buyer to extend and improve the property.8212990-exterior12-800-web
There are also, subject to consents, endless possibilities for the buildings to be converted to provide additional accommodation or buildings for leisure pursuits if required.
Although Hill Farm has run as a dairy farm for many years it would also be an ideal opportunity for an equestrian buyer looking to establish property with good riding facilities.

Surrounding the house is an area of formal garden beyond which there is a more natural orchard and an area which was once used for vegetables. 8212990-exterior21-800-webThe range of traditional and modern buildings are all located to one side of the house and have the advantage of a separate access directly from the lane. The land is a particular feature of Hill Farm as it is all grassed and naturally undulating and also as the property is situated on a hill there are
lovely long views over the surrounding countryside.

Additional Information
Tenure – Freehold
Council Tax – Band G

For further information or to make an appointment to view please contact either Chris Boreham or Sue Wheeler via email or ‘phone +44 (0) 118 950 8611

Directions to RG20 0JT
From Newbury take the A343 Andover Road out of town and at the small double mini
roundabouts at the top of the hill bear right on to Essex Street. Continue on this road driving out of Newbury and after passing through some open countryside cross over the A34 take the first turning right into Boames Lane continue up the hill where the property will then be seen on the left hand side.
© Collins




Property Details
Energy Performance Certificate

Land at Gore Hill – **UNDER OFFER**


East Ilsley, Newbury, OX11 0RP Chilton
1 ½ miles; East Ilsley 3 miles; Newbury 12 miles; Oxford 16 miles (all distances approximate)

For Sale by Private Treaty

About 5 acres (2.02 hectares) of Pasture Land and Stables
with direct riding access to The Ridgeway

Property Details – pdf
Site Plan – pdf
Location Plan – pdf


A very accessible block of pasture land situated close to the A34 on the north edge of the Berkshire Downs between the popular villages of East Ilsley to the south and Chilton to the north, very close to The Ridgeway.
A public bridleway runs past the land and joins The Ridgeway thus giving access to limitless hacking on the Berkshire Downs without having to go on any roads.
The land lies on the east side of the A34 with access via the old road which is now designated a bridleway as well as providing private access to the land and 2 other properties.
It is divided into a number of paddocks and the timber block of 3 stables is located at the north end, closest to the access. There is also a mobile field shelter on the land which is included in the sale.
The land runs south rising up the side of Gore Hill, towards The Ridgeway. There is a belt of tress running along much of the eastern boundary, which is mainly fenced with ‘Tornado’ stock fencing, and there is a thick shelter belt of trees to the west of the land, alongside the A34.
The boundaries of the land are shown edged in red on the plan included in these particulars. For further information on boundaries please refer to the section below.
Just to the south of the stable block is a level area which is understood to be the site of racehorse training stables built by the Duke of Cumberland close to his mansion at Keate’s Gore, which was located at the foot of the north side of Gore Hill. The stables were demolished shortly after the Duke’s death in 1765.


From the A34 take the exit between Chilton and East Ilsley, signed West Ilsley and Waste Transfer Site. Follow the signs off the roundabout to the waste transfer site and when the road bends left go straight ahead through double gates marked Private Road. Proceed to the end of the road and the entrance to the land will be found on the left immediately after Gore Hill Farm. Go through the gated entrance, which is shared with another similar parcel of land, and follow the track until it bends round to the stable block.
Prospective buyers may walk over the land at any time in daylight hours, carrying a set of these sale particulars. Please respect the property and leave things as you find them. Neither the seller nor the agents take any responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage caused to any person or property when viewing the land.

General Remarks

Tenure – The land is for sale Freehold with vacant possession on completion.
Services – There is no mains water available. The owners currently collect and store rain water from the roof of the stables. There is the potential to collect and store more rainwater in this way, including from the roof of the field shelter. An alternative is to sink a borehole.
There is a new electricity line and transformer running alongside the bridleway to the west of the land so that it would be easy to connect to mains electricity.
Rights of Way and Easements – There is a public footpath which is shown to run across the very southern tip of the land.
Local Authority – West Berkshire District Council – Tel: 01635 42400;
Electricity Company – Southern Electric – Tel: 0800 048 3516

The boundaries marked on the plan attached to these particulars show the approximate position of the boundary fences. At the north-eastern corner of the land the approximate position of the boundary shown on the Land Registry plan is marked by a blue line on the plan.

Particulars and Plan
The plan and areas are based on the Ordnance Survey (with the sanction of H M Stationery Office) with adjustments where necessary. The Particulars and Plan have been carefully prepared by the Agents. They are for guidance only and whilst it is believed they are correct no guarantee or warranty as to their accuracy is given or implied. Any misstatement or error shall not invalidate the sale nor entitle either party to compensation nor in any circumstances give rise to action of Law. The property is sold with all faults whether of condition or otherwise and neither the Vendor nor the Agents are responsible for any faults, defects or misstatements contained in these Particulars. The Purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied himself as to the correctness of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise.

Guide Price £70,000

Property Details - pdf
Site Plan - pdf
Location Plan - pdf